my last clip on sunshades broke finally so I ordered new ones, this time wiser to get them with a flip up mechanism. (that’s how the old ones broke, taking them off every time I went indoors). After the receipt of my order (top) some up-cycling was necessary using watercolor paper and japanese origami paper. Method as always as seen in Ross Barberas’ blog and videos.
another installment of combining a simple shirt/dress from L**l with 2 20 year old mini-dresses. The dress was shortened, pockets added (I don’t know how one can have a dress without pockets?) and the belt discarded. Interesting is the material the dress is made of, called Lyocell made of wood-pulp. I might yet print the dress as well but still have to do some testing on scraps, seeing that I have never used it before.
Bought the dress while my water-lilies were in bloom, so maybe was influenced there.
last year I bought a linen dress at Li** white and simple, which I decorated using lino print. I never wore the dress because I really don’t like white clothes and the sleeves were not really what I like. So this year I dyed the whole thing emerald green, added pockets, cut off the sleeves, changed the neckline and did some more printing and now I can wear it.
2 more shorts from Li** and 2 old trousers and 2 very old miniskirts make together 2 pairs of shorts and two skirt-shorts.
for my birthday a bigger undercut dyed green by Ed.
since Windows has decided in 2016 to stop supporting 8.1 mobile and has stopped mobile phones altogether with support for 10 mobile ending 2019 I splashed out on a used last model Lumia 950. It’s not as good as my lovely 1020, but apps are dying on me, so to be prepared a new case had to be made. This time with driftwood gathered years ago and some pencil laminate left over from the ring project.
found some scraps of real Japanese paper and made some earrings and a pin for Christmas gifts. The papers are so beautiful, one can look at them for ages and still not get enough.