at home

birthday undercut

undercut

for my birthday a bigger undercut dyed green by Ed.


pond goes baroque

new pond 3

when renovating our bathroom we finally managed to take out that silly Jacuzzi tub, transport it down to the terrace and replace the old flowerpot pond there. All it needed now was a new surround covering the weird shape of it. Marine plywood painted with 2K boat paint, Lino print for that baroque feel, and two waterproof solar LEDs found on sale.

new pond 2new pond 1

the skirt is marine ply on the straight bit and Styrofoam ceiling trim for the curved part.

now all I have to do is wait for the water lillies to come up and the iris to grow back to their previous size. (and maybe paint that water spout)

 


horse’s new friend

horseandparrot

the horse has acquired a new friend over Christmas, a dutch speaking parrot making a lot of noise.


solar panel live

tortoise sundial

I have been watching our tortoises angling themselves at the sun every sunny winter day for a long time now and decided to do some approximate measurements yesterday. Based on this there must be a business idea in the rental of tortoises to installers of solar panels and the like. Inquiries and cost estimates here.


going baroque

kegeltisch standup

up-cycling materials that have been hanging around for 15 years: 3 bowling pins discarded by our local bowling alley, one leg and picture frame from *kea rejects, part of Chinese table cloth and an aerial support. Resulting in a laptop/side table height adjustable from stand up to sit down in arm chair.

I must have been overwhelmed by my baroque urge in the process because this was the initial design:

kegeltisch design


new improvements

pimpedshades1

finally I have succumbed and had some varifocal glasses made and bout a pair of clip on sunshades for them. The scope for upgrade is big, so I started with the sunshades, using Japanese origami paper on top of laminated watercolor paper.

pimpedshades2

I also added some braces on the sides since the original middle clip kept coming off too easily.

Next step is to improve the glasses themselves…